What Was I Thinking?

I went to the mall yesterday.  I had grab bag and other small gifts to get and I wanted to take advantage of some of the sales.  I did really well until


I stopped to buy a swimsuit.

Huh?  What was I thinking trying on a swimsuit in December, just a few weeks past the Thanksgiving cake-fest?  And where am I going to wear a swimsuit in New York in the winter?  Anyway, I stopped... looked at the lovely blue ... took something with me to the dress room ... and then bought it.

I was totally suckered in by what I'm going to call "vanity sizing".  You know, when a shop marks the clothing size down a notch or two to stroke our egos.  It totally worked.  I haven't had a suit this size for years and there's no way I'm smaller than I was before.  (See my post here if you're wondering what I'm talking about.)  But I sure loved asking the clerk for a smaller size.  And then, the smaller suit fit. Whee! I know, I'm not supposed to care what size I am, but it sure was fun.

Gimme this one, will you?


Comments

Norma Schlager said…
Gotta love that vanity sizing. I bought a skirt in Talbot's just the other day and today I found one in the back of my closet, umpteen years old, and three whole sizes larger than the one I just bought and it fit me just fine. Go figure!
Norma Schlager said…
I guess I should have mentioned that the old one was also from Talbot's.