Today is her Birthday


Today is my youngest daughter's 17th birthday!  How is it possible that my "baby" has gotten to be so old while I, of course, have remained young-ish?  It's all happened in what seems like the blink of an eye, just like my mother warned me it would.

It's not always easy to have a December birthday.  Folks can get so caught up in the Christmas rush that birthdays can often be overlooked.  But not in this house.  Today we're having a celebration. Today, we're heading into the city after school to go to the tree lighting ceremony at Rockefeller Center.  We're going to gush over the 78' tall Norway Spruce that's the first in five years to come from New York State.  I'm sure I'll get all misty-eyed as I listen to holiday music and see the lights.  No, I will not be ice skating; I don't think my tailbone could survive the abuse it would surely have to endure.  But we're going to eat cupcakes and light our own candles in celebration.  Foul and rainy weather report be damned!  We're gonna have some fun!

Happy Birthday!  We love you!





LIVE UPDATE:  We're here and having a great time!


Comments

Heather Pregger said…
Happy Birthday to your "baby!" She grown up to be a beautiful young woman. And enjoy the tree lighting -- it's been many years since I've been in NYC at Christmas. It's a wonderful time of year!