Karen and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer


Clarice and Rudolph (gifts of my sister), flanking a light-up, water and glitter-filled Santa
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was on TV last night.  The first time we saw a commercial announcing this Christmas special my youngest said wistfully, "Aunt Karen...."

My sister loved all the Christmas specials.  The night before each one was scheduled to play on TV, she'd call and leave a message on the answering machine.  "Ho, Ho, Ho, Rudolph's playing tomorrow on CBS at 8"  and then she'd giggle gleefully.

I didn't realize my daughter missed Karen's calls like I do.  And so, I'm going to do a mini-tribute to her here today.
Karen (right) and I with our puppy, Freckles
My family on my college graduation day
Goofing off on the day Karen earned her Masters degree in Hospital Administration
Karen and my children; it was a mutual admiration society
Karen and I on her surprise 50th birthday dinner
I miss my sister every day.  It wasn't enough time, but it was better than nothing.

Comments

Michele Bilyeu said…
Such dear, dear remembrances. I think your sister would be honored to be remembered in such sweet ways.