Garden Surprises

When I look through my pictures, I mean, really look carefully, I almost always discover things I'd initially missed.  

Yesterday, I took a picture of a spider spinning its web in my garden.  It was big and holding still, two of my criteria for potential close-ups.  It wasn't until I reviewed my pictures that I saw the cross on the abdomen of the spider.  Amazing, right?  I hadn't noticed it when I was taking the photo.  I wonder why that's the marking Mother Nature chose for the spider.



Occasionally I discover photo-bombers, like this green bee on the back of the praying mantis.



Every once in a while, the pictures make me laugh, like this picture of a bee that kept trying to tightrope walk along the stamens of this spider plant but kept falling off.  It looks like it's doing push-ups, doesn't it?



Maybe I'd get more done in the house if I wasn't always taking pictures in the garden..... 

Comments

kathy loomis said…
You do such a great job of photography -- I am envious! My photos of bugs and critters are always out of focus.


Vivien Zepf said…
Thanks, Kathy. Some people would prefer it if my spider pictures were blurry. :)