What to Read Next?



I've been on a reading tear this year. Some book have been pure distraction.  You know, the ones you race through because they're so fabulously plot driven.  The Cork O'Connor series by William Kent Krueger has fit the bill perfectly.

I also just finished a book by one of my favorite science authors who's also a humorist: Mary Roach. Have you read any of her books?   Packing for Mars is both interesting and chortle-worthy.  I can't believe some of the things people have done in the name of science.

Now I'm getting antsy. I can't decide what I should read next on my Kindle.  I specify my Kindle because I have more physical books than I'm likely to read in the next ten years.  I have plenty to choose from there.  No, what I need help with is my Kindle.  We have a family account that we all access.  Our "cloud" has books of all genres because we are a family with very differing tastes.

I can't decide what I'm in the mood for now.  I'm considering working from an imposed structure.  Thinking in that vein, I've removed all the books I've already read from my device.  That way I'm not tempted to be lazy and revisit old favorites. (There's nothing wrong with that, mind you.  I'm just trying to make my way through the stacks of unread and unfinished books.)

Next, I've sorted the remaining books by title, the reason being that I don't want to simply read the book someone's purchased most recently.  I know there are books I downloaded onto my device from, perhaps, a year or two ago that still merit my attention.  The question I have now is, do I read the books in alphabetical order?  If that's the case I'll be starting with the book 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened in Benghazi.  Or, do I randomly pick a letter of the alphabet and read all the titles that start with that letter?

Any thoughts?


Comments