Spring Surprises

I love spring. This year, I've been remembering to bring my camera along when I go out, even around my yard. I think I'm getting better at seeing things and taking pictures. The colors are so amazingly saturated. I love the fuzziness of some of the leaves and buds. I'm having fun discovering surprises, like the leaves in the wetlands and an unknown flower in my shade garden. I hope I can internalize some of what I see to make my art better. Here's a selection of pictures from the last few days.

Saucer magnolia:


Grape hyacinth amid the emerging poppy leaves (I think the squirrels planted these):


Budding pussy willows (I had no clue they were so colorful before they turned soft and fluffy!):



Cool patterned leaves amid the skunk cabbage (who knew?):


The mystery flower in my shade garden. Any idea what this is?

Comments

VIv
I wonder too what that mystery flower is. But, I LOVE your pussy willows...how the heck did you get those. I absolutely adore them. Are they a perennial? Anyway, I am certain you will get some solid inspiration from these beautiful and natural wonders.
Julie Bagamary said…
Is it a red trillium?
wlstarn said…
I'm thinking it's a trillium also.
Norma Schlager said…
You really take wonderful nature shots. Makes me wonder why I'm not wandering around with my camera. Great inspiration!
looks like trillium to me too! nice shots, i think i'll go take some too!
Vivien Zepf said…
Thanks for all the feedback on the flower. A trillium it must be!