Albuquerque Fiber Arts Fiesta 2009

I'm so excited! Yesterday's mail included the news that my piece, Listening at Lasdon, has been juried into the quilt show for the 2009 Albuquerque Fiber Arts Fiesta. This year's event is the seventh for the biennal show which includes exhibits on beadwork, dollmaking, embroidery, mixed media, quilting, weaving / spinning, wool manipulations (rugs), and much more. I'm honored to be included. If you're in Albuquerque May 21st - 23rd, I encourage you to stop by the Manual Lujan Building at Expo New Mexico. It looks to be a terrific festival.

The piece I'm sending is a thread drawing based on a photograph of my girls when they were younger, sitting together and enjoying an outdoor concert. It's 26" h x 30" w.

Comments

Vivien
It isn't a surprise this piece was accepted!! It is just beautiful, in fact, it is really exceptional. Brava my dear friend!!
xosusan
Norma Schlager said…
This is fabulous! How did you ever keep your sewing lines so even? I lLOVE it!
Cindy Green said…
Wow, that's fabulous! I'm so happy for you! See, it's true that when one door closes, another one opens! The piece really is very well done, touching and sweet. And thanks for the book recommendation. Being that I work at the library, I should be able to pick it up soon, and I'll let you know how I liked it...
Judy Alexander said…
Congrats! What a beautiful piece and your girls are adorable. I can see a fight for this one when they get older...
Vivien Zepf said…
Judy - My youngest has already claimed it! :)