Circles

I seem to go through periods during which I'm attracted visually to one thing more than another. I think my preference is simply an unexplained emotional reaction to a style or color that somehow resonates within me. I'm not sure why it happens when it does, but I'm definately "going through a phase" right now. I've looked through my recent pictures and discovered that I've taken lots of photos of circular images -- some natural, some man-made. Here's a sampling:

I love seeing the rings of the trees within the logs.


There are little circles on top of construction cones! Who knew? (You need to enlarge the picture to see them.)


No explanation needed for this one...


Double-click to get a close-up of this picture -- the pattern of the paint between the letters is just so cool!


I think this is the end of a cable spool, left behind to merge with the landscape. What do you think it is?


The sunflower -- one of my favorite natural circles. I admit to having lots of sunflower pictures.


Has this sort of thing ever happened to you?

Comments

Norma Schlager said…
What is it about circles that are so appealing? I find that I often add them to linear pieces to give them a little something extra. All of your photos are great. That sunflower is astounding when you see the enlargement. I took several pictures of manhole covers in Japan. Each town/city has its own design.
great photos, now let's see them translated into art.. and I love circles too!