Circles and the Subconsious

Do you remember the ugly fabric I painted about a month ago? Here's a picture to refresh your memory:


For some reason, the fabric nagged at me. I decided to see if I could salvage it at all. First I painted some bubble-wrap in brown and printed on it. Better.


Then I added some silk strips and a swatch of orange sheer I picked up while in New York City. Much better!


Surprisingly, I've become so engaged with this piece I'm now embroidering around the edges of the red circles to help make them pop. Actually, it shouldn't really be such a surprise, now that I've uncovered my subconcious fascination with circles. See? Here it is influencing my work. But, I had no clue it was doing that. Boy, the subconscious sure can be sneaky.

Comments

looking great! and I think that since embroidery comes naturally to you, you should use it more often in your work...
I love circles, too! Bubble wrap makes just the best circles, doesn't it?
Vivien Zepf said…
I love bubble wrap! I'm hoarding like mad.
Unknown said…
hee, hee...I've been collecting all sizes and shapes of bubble wrap myself! I like the embroidery around the shapes, it does make them pop.