More Journals

With every spare moment I've had, I've been trying to squeeze in some more journal quilts to get up to date. I think I was invigorated by the "play" journal I made a few days ago, in lieu of a "real" one. Four of the new pieces work especially well together; they seem rather thematic. All the journals were made from the same pool of fabric. The second piece I made doesn't fit so well with the others because I pieced it and that didn't turn out too great. What do you think? Do I have a mini-series going?

Here's the fabric I used, all painted using various techniques:


Here are the journals:





Comments

these are really fun! you do have series.
I really appreciate the colors and textures in this series...i hope you keep it going.
Nikki said…
I love the soft colors and wonderful texture. I'm happy to have a brief lull in my life, after a crazy summer and more craziness to come with moving, to try and catch up on all my blogging friends. Thank you for a smile and a reminder about the joyful play of an artist.