Making a Painting Mess

Today, Natalya and I had a playdate. We had about an hour to have some fun using the gelatin plate printing technique described in Rayna Gillman's new book, Create Your Own Hand-printed Cloth. We combined our supplies and made a wonderful mess in my sewing space.


Natalya made beautiful texture on some linen napkins. Aren't they amazing? They have such bold lines and great color.




I ended up printing longish pieces of fabric. I especially like this one that I made using torn scraps of paper as a resist.


I love doing this. Now I just have to figure out how to use the fabrics to their greatest advantage.

Comments

wow, i did that? looks great smooshed to small size... can't wait to play again!
Rayna said…
What gorgeous results! Glad you had fun - and I'm sure you'll find a way to use these to their advantage. That's the next challenge.