End of a series?

I was so excited about my recent news that I forgot to post my journal quilt for the week. I returned to the same pool of fabric I used in my most recent journals. The print on this piece is a fallen feather-like branch I found on my driveway. In one of my earlier journals I had cut out a section, so I decided to try that again here. I like how the open shape -- which I tried to make echo the rectangle shape below -- is bisected by the branch.


Yesterday, I made this week's journal. This one is constructed using left-over quilted sections from previous pieces. I zigzag stitched them together. I wasn't particularly inspired by the whole pieces of fabric this time, so perhaps this is the end of this mini-series. We'll find out.

Comments

ooh i like these... you may come back to the series in the future, nothing wrong with taking a break..
hi vivien
these are like little jewels. I love the richness of them both, and especially the metallic paints I think you used...i can see these as larger pieces too.
Wow, I really like the interrupted rectangle, very cool! I agree with Natalya ... keep the series open, you don't have to work at it ALL the time!