Practice

I decided to use scraps from my Ten Blessings-Twofold quilt as the base for my latest journal quilt. I really love the way the colors all blend and I like how all the little pieces came together.

What to do next? Well, I remembered a time when I'd been chided by a friend. "It's just fabric", she'd said in response to my comment about how nervous I got when experimenting with paint and other such items. She's right, of course, and I suppose there's no better place to practice and build confidence than journal quilts. So here's the end result of practicing with embroidery, paintsticks and beadwork to create some texture. I think it looks a bit like a modern-age crazy quilt considering that most of my stitching ended up on the seams. What do you think?

Comments

Vivien...what a terrific use of scraps...hum, who was that friend who chided you It's just fabric" ...your embroidery compliments your piecing work beautifully...nice job.
this is beautiful, nice job not being afraid of the fabric! now start ripping some fabric, but not this one...
Nikki said…
I really like all of your additions. They really make the piece. There's no need to be afraid -- just go wild.
Vivien Zepf said…
Thanks! You've made my day; truly!