The Quilt Police

It's raining and I can't go outside.

I've tackled my studio clean-up.  All the fabric that was lying about has been sorted, folded and put away.  The design wall has been cleared to make room for the current project.

Mishmash

Yes, the ugly quilt blocks are off my table and on the wall.  I've decided this will be my next project.   I thought I could piece it without worrying about making a masterpiece.

Except....

I am the Quilt Police.  They are me.

Apparently I can't quite let my hair down, even on a quilt I don't have a strong attachment to, that I think is rather funny looking.  I still want seams to line up and points to be sharp.   I have zero problem with mismatched seams from others. In fact, I often admire other makers' piecing freedom. It's just not me.  Now, that's not saying everything's perfect.  But I have already ripped out several seams to make a block better.  Yep, I am the Quilt Police, for my own work.

There could be worse things / habits, I guess.  And, looking on the bright side, it's good prep for working on the Lone Start quilt, and a few other items I have in mind, that require a bit more finesse and care.


Comments

Karen L R said…
Bravo you, for tackling those pesky UFO's!
After turning 60 I gave the quilt police the finger.
Never looked back.
xo