Journal

My parents are driving from Illinois to New York for a Thanksgiving visit. We haven't seen them for almost a year so I've been thinking a lot about their visit. I guess it's not surpising that my journal is about their travels to get here. I rubbed a gray oil paintstick over part of a license plate I found on one of my walks, then added a piece of a map and two clip art images -- one for the Land of Lincoln and the other for the Big Apple. I think I actually managed to use gel medium successfully on this piece. Hurrah! I painted a bit and quilted a little as well. What fun! What do you think....does this count as collage?

Comments

yep it sure counts, very cool!
oh this is VERY COOL. I love everything about it, the colors, the collage (yes) and especially what inspired you to create this piece. How did you use the gel medium?