"Through Our Eyes" Training

Redwood Forest, Katie Pasquini Masopust
80" x 76"
The Hendricks Collection
For two days, I worked with volunteers of the Upper Westchester Muslim Society to prepare them for a special tour they'll be a part of at the KMA.  On April 28th, they'll be sharing personal responses to the artwork that's on display as part of the Long, Winding Journeys exhibition.  Each of the volunteers selected one artwork that connected to them, not just visually, but also to their personal stories.  What they plan to share is very poignant and thought-provoking.   I hope you can join us at 2:30PM at the Katonah Museum of Art on April 28th for this special, "Through Our Eyes" tour.

** In case you're wondering why this post begins with an image of this beautiful piece by Katie Pasquini Masopust, it's because Katie was kind enough to give me permission to use the picture of this artwork for training.  I shared this artwork in order to sample a response for the UWMS volunteers because I absolutely love this quilt.  I have for years.   I connect to it on a variety of levels and it was, actually, hard to share a response that was limited to under five minutes.  I can't remember the first time I saw this quilt, but I can say that I've never forgotten it.  Some things just stay with you, don't they?




Comments