Time's Running Out...

... to enter SPUN, the fiber art exhibition for which I'm co-director with Jane Davila.  The on-line entry deadline is SEPTEMBER 4, just six days away!  Don't miss out on your chance to have your work juried into this show by Robbin Zella, Director of the Housatonic Museum.  The maximum size for 2D and 3D art is 24"W x 60" L.  I look forward to your entries!!

Prospectus details can be found at www.spunfiberexhibit.com 

Time's also running out for me to create a piece for my fiber art group's upcoming show at the View in Old Forge, NY.  I have an idea, but now it's pedal to the metal to get it done on time.  I took the first step today when I went paint a piece of fabric on my driveway.  (I just love the texture the asphalt makes.)  I complicated things by adding in some pieces of cheesecloth.  Lesson learned: start painting over cheesecloth by dabbing with a sponge, NOT a brayer.  The unsecured cheesecloth pieces just got stuck on the brayer and wrapped around it.  Oops.  Also, it's also best to paint in a more protected area; breezes, while lovely on a hot day, don't play well with cloth just barely held down with stones.


Little flecks of dirt are now part of my artwork forever.  Oh well.  Character, right?



The cloth is back inside, resting on my work table.  Tomorrow's task: adding bits of color texture to make this a bit more interesting and complex.  Shall I fling paint at it?  Rub with oil sticks?  Both?  I'll decide tomorrow.



Comments

Norma Schlager said…
I like the texture you achieved with the cheesecloth. Can't see the bits of dirt, but they probably just adds to it. Looking forward to the final piece.