Where did the week go?

It's been quite a week since my last post.  I know I've been busy, but with what?

A blizzard named Nemo got us hopping a bit;

my daughter's all-weekend-long dance competition in Connecticut (yes, during the blizzard!) claimed a big hunk of time; and,

A bit of a blurry pic from her solo, but you get the idea...
She was a scholarship recipient at the end of the weekend (I'm busting with pride)

I put the finishing touches on my Debt Crisis piece for CLAW.  Do you remember the quilt  top made up of 1930s blocks?  It looks differently now.  While I can't show you an entire image, here's a detail.

Detail, Debt Crisis

The surface has changed a bit, don't you think?  I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out.  The blocks / quilt top underwent quite a transformation.  I really like the slightly gnarly and irregular surface, but my walking foot didn't always like working with the entirely painted surfaces (both top and bottom); the timing got off.  But fear not, my intrepid machine went to the "spa" yesterday for a deep cleanse and will come back restored, no doubt.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations, great that your daughter did so well!

Norma Schlager said…
Kudos to your daughter! I like the looks of your new quilt.
Marti said…
Your daughter is Art In Motion!