People and Places in Philly

Philadelphia is rife with art and inspiration everywhere you look.  Walls are covered with murals and mosaics; ironwork abounds on the windows.  Even buildings plagued by the times were interesting to see.  Here are a few of my favorite "on location" pictures, with a few of the fun, fun, fun people that made the trip so special.

An oft-photographed building around the corner from the
Snyderman-Works Gallery

One of the exterior mosaic walls of the Painted Bride Gallery

L to R: Me, Deborah Boschert, Rayna Gillman, and Natalya Aikens
taken at the Outside/Inside the Box exhibition

Deborah looking down from the many flights of stairs
we climbed in search of Dianne Koppisch Hricko's studio.  The joke was on us:
the studio was on the second floor.

Natalya in front of the Highwire Gallery.  Three of her pieces
are on display in the wonderful exhibition here called, "Synchronicity".

This little fellow climbed into my lap the moment I sat down. It was very sweet.
This chair at the Crane made me giggle, despite my tired brain and feet.

Gorgeous metalwork on the doors at the Fleisher Art Center

A beautiful patina on the door at Bahdeebahdu Gallery

Flowers add to the charm of an already beautiful doorway


I don't know what to say about this place except that it
stopped me in my tracks....

I wish I could have taken a few more days just to walk about town and take pictures.  Maybe another time...

Comments