The Farmers' Market

My youngest daughter and I love our local farmers' market: all the smells, the fresh produce, the time together picking and choosing what we'd like to eat. Unfortunately, the last time we went, my daughter had just injured her knee the night before. At the time, we didn't know how serious an injury it was and the bit of walking we did caused her a great deal of pain.

Yesterday' trip, however, was a completely different story. First off, it was a beautiful day. The crowds were out in full force and that always makes me happy. So long as the crowds are there, so will the market. But even better ... my daughter walked about without her knee brace. Woo hoo! The only downside to the trip was that one of our favorite vendors wasn't there. Alas, that means no goat cheese for the first week of school (one of my daughter's favorite after school snacks).

Because we didn't get to the market until almost noon, the sun was bright and overhead. Picture-taking was fairly difficult. But I did manage to snap off this shot of multi-colored peppers. Did you know they came in all these pretty colors? I didn't.


The rest of the day was happily spent eating some of our purchases: fresh corn and tomatoes for lunch and pesto for dinner. I hope you're getting some time to do what you love this weekend.

Comments

Norma Schlager said…
Great colors on those peppers. I didn't know about the purple.