Where Did the Week Go?

White Iris

Like most moms at this time of year, I've been running about, going from one end-of-school activity to the next. It hasn't left much time for art. But, I did have a very nice quilting week, nonetheless. How? Well, Paula Nadelstern was forwarded a copy of my blog review of her exhibit and wrote me the nicest note, thanking me for the post. It made me feel so good to think she took the time to write a note, despite how busy she must be. In case you're interested, American Craft also reviewed Paula's exhibit and has posted it as a web exclusive. You can find it here.

I also attended my Fiber Art NE group meeting on Thursday evening (alas, I arrived late, but hey, I got there). This is the group that put together the Fiber + Thread = Art exhibit earlier this year. It's a remarkable group of women, many of whom aren't just quilt artists. It's fascinating to see all that these women can do. We've decided to do a 4 inch square swap in September. We'll each have to create 40+ little pieces of art. That seems like a lot, but I am so looking forward to participating since I'll get art from some amazing artists, including Natalya Aikens, Jane Davila, Susan Schrott, Norma Schlager and more. Lucky me!

Now, I'm off to find some organic burritos to throw into the microwave for the childrens' dinner. Maybe that will give me some time for quilting tonight!

Comments