SAQA NY Trunk Show

The SAQA NY regional co-reps, Jane Davila and Leni Wiener, have organized a trunk show for local members. All we had to do was create a piece no larger than 16 inches on any side to travel in an exhibit under the banner of the Art Quilt Alliance of NY. The trunk show is going to be exhibited through the fall at a number of Mancuso shows, starting with the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival next month. How cool is that?

If our pieces were 12" x 12" we were also given the option to donate these pieces -- at the end of the trunk show -- to the SAQA auction. I've decided to do that.

Now my piece is off on its travels and, eventually, on to a new home. Here it is: Together II, raw-edge applique atop gelatin plate prints.

Comments

Linda Cline said…
The print and the quilting in the background are great, and add a lot to this piece. Are those peacock feathers?
Vivien Zepf said…
You guessed right; I used peacock feathers for the prints.
Sherryl said…
Thanks for leaving a comment Vivien. I am enthralled with the idea of Gelatin printing but have been too chicken to try it out! You have done a great job with this piece. I hope it does well in the auction. Mine is not even in the planning stages yet!
Norma Schlager said…
I like everything about it, the colors, the background, even the title.
I used the one that I didn't use for the SAQA Katonah show, but it wasn't the right size for the auction so it will just be in the trunk show. So I didn't make that piece in vain.
Vivien Zepf said…
Thanks for all the nice comments! You've made me feel so good about this piece.
Judy Alexander said…
Great piece. I would love to try gelatin printing. I got Rayna's book for Christmas an has lots of stuff to try!
laura west kong said…
Thanks for visiting my blog.

That's a great piece! I hope it's travels brings it near me someday. =(^_^)=