My Fate (aka My Bad Luck with Technology)

This is how I feel right now:


It seems that one of my roles in life lately is to stumble upon on odd and peculiar glitches in modern technology. As you know, the conversion to my Mac was not a smooth one. My newest dilemma is with Facebook. Last week, I created a profile, left some comments on friends' wall, and then logged out. Later in the day, I clicked on the links that were included with my Facebook friend request email notices. But alas, when I tried to get into Facebook, I was informed that my email address was not registered.

Now, how can I get notices from Facebook about friend requests, get updates on comments placed on my wall at an email address that Facebook says isn't registered? Per a friend, my profile still exists and it includes my email address. Unfortunately, I can't see it. In fact, I can't get into Facebook because of this email address snafu. And the Facebook techies haven't answered by pleas for help for four days. I think I've stumped them. I even tried calling the corporate office in Palo Alto today for help, only to be advised that technical support is only offered via email.

So, I just wanted to let all of you kind folks know that I've received all your friend requests, but I just can't respond; I will as soon as I can. Any suggestions you have on how to solve this issue would be most welcome. I may have to create a new profile --- but how can I do that? There's already one up with my name? I can't create an alias..... YIKES! What a pickle.

Comments

Whatever happened to the PHONE and people actually talking to one another. A dying art!
Nikki said…
I don't have a solution, but I sympathize with your pain. One of our homeschooling lessons is "computers don't always work the way you want" and "the people who write programs make mistakes too." My daughter is learning at an early age computers are very helpful, but they can also be frustating.
Unknown said…
...sigh...I am feeling computeritis as well. With facebook, and trunkt, and etsy, and 1000 Markets, and my blog, not to mention my lonely website...it's technology overload!