Overly Ambitious

My friend, Natalya, and I challenge ourselves to create pieces with found objects. Natalya has finished hers. She's patiently waiting to reveal her piece until I'm finished, but she posted a teaser on her blog a few weeks ago.

I, on the other hand, am struggling with a vision in my head that is proving to be absolutely insane for me to try to create. I don't know what I was thinking! The trouble: it's too small and intricate for my unpracticed hand. Well, I've certainly lived up to the "challenge" part of this exercise.

It's also taking me longer to make than I anticipated ... and I'm pokey to begin with. Besides which, I'm no longer sure if what I'm making will support what I want to do with the found objects! (I'll tell you what they are once we post our finished pieces.) But here's a sneak peek, just to validate to myself that I've actually made some progress.

Comments