My Teenager is Jealous of Me


Yep, you read that correctly; my teenage daughter is jealous of me. Why? Because I went into New York City yesterday and had a chance to stop in Mood Fabrics of Project Runway fame. The sales person explained that the show's become so popular that it's now pointed out on some city tours. And, even if designers were shopping, Mood closed the store for an hour while the PR contestants ran around to find their fabrics so no one got in their way.

And run they had to. The store is HUGE! You really have to go in there with some sense of what you're looking for because they have everything! Bolts of fabric from $5/yard to over $100; buttons; belt buckles; and things I have absolutely no clue what they're for. Here's a picture of just one aisle of perhaps fifteen, on just one floor of the store. WHEW!


If you're ever in New York City, make a quick stop at Mood. For someone like me who's never been in the design industry or made clothing, it was amazing to see all that's available. The staff is nice and knowledgeable, too. I've promised my daughter that I'll go back with her. Until then, I'll linger in the virtual aisles. Did you know they have a website: www.MoodFabrics.com? (No affliation here, just excited about a fun day!)

Comments

boy was that fun or what?!? i would be jealous too if i didn't get to go...
Rayna said…
Oh, I clearly missed the $5/yd fabric when I was there in September.
The place is a hoot! They were shooting while we were there - guys walking around with video cameras.