Starting a blog



At the urging of my friend, Natalya, I've decided to start a blog. I'm hopeful that the need to keep a blog current will be enough incentive to get me to the studio. It seems I can always find other things to do.

I expect that my blog will primarily be my creative journal, with ocassional tidbits about my life. I'm trying to figure out what I like to do and what I can do with my art.

Here's a photo of a small piece I completed last month, entitled Flowers on Pink I. I think it might be the beginning of a series. I painted the fabric in the borders with Setacolor paints and Neocolor watersoluble pastel crayons to create the blotch. I really loved using sashiko threads for the french knots in the borders. I think Jane Davila and Ann Fahl provided me with some inspiration.
This is the first art piece I've ever created - just for the pleasure of it - without a deadline or an objective. Everything else I've done has been made as a result of a challenge, a class, or the Journal Quilt Project. These have all been fabulous experiences, but it's fun to try to branch out. I hope to do so more often.




Comments

Congratulations on your new blog! Welcome to the club! I can't wait to see more....
Vivien Zepf said…
Thanks for the push, Natalya! Vivien
Vivien!! Welcome to the world of blogging..If you thought you were overwhelmed and didn't have enough to do before this, get ready to lose sleep. Seriously, congratulations. The blog looks terrific.
susan
jane dávila said…
I like your flowers! Welcome to blogging. And yes, it can push you to create more art. Can't wait to see what you do next!
Vivien Zepf said…
Thanks so much for your support!
alright where's the next post!!
hee...heee...
nothing like a little pressure...
Anonymous said…
oooh, you gotta watch that "no deadline" thing. the pleasure of working on things just for the pleasure and engagement they provide can be very captivating -- and then the deadline tings start to slip... :-)

congrats on braving the blog waters.