Chartreuse

Since my sewing space is doubling as a guest room right now, I haven't had a chance to get in and create. However, I am doing some "work" ..... I'm trying to be more observant. I've read in numerous articles that it's important to really look at the world around you to absorb what you see and, perhaps, to get some inspiration.

Well, I've taken that to heart and I've been admiring / examining the dwarf pine trees I purchased to decorate our table. They stand about a foot tall and are covered in the tiniest branches and needles imagineable. They are the most beautiful chartreuse I've ever seen. It's not a color I'm normally attracted to, but this is just so lush and wonderful that I'm going to have to find a way to use it. The trunk is hidden beneath the density of the tiny branches. While these trees aren't hardy enough to live outdoors all year long, I'm going to try to keep them alive long enough to put them on my porch when spring gets warm. Until then, they'll keep my table looking well dressed.

Comments

I love chartreuse, such a vibrant yet soft color.. looking forward to what art comes of it.