2020

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Fireworks over Queenstown
I'm a bit excited; it's a new year and decade.  "The Twenties".  I think that's so much easier to say than "The Aughts".

If you follow me on social media, I'm sure you saw pictures from my family's holiday trip to New Zealand.  We rang in the new year on the shores of Lake Wakatipu in Queenstown.  It was the trip of the lifetime, perhaps doubly so because I don't know how many more times we'll get two weeks together with our adult children.  I feel very blessed.

The New Zealand landscape was amazing.  Our excursions were adventures that left me feeling exhilarated despite the sore muscles, bumps and bruises.  I expect I'll be sustained on the memories, facilitated by 1500+ pictures, for quite a while.

One of the captivating views of Earnslaw Burn
Glenorchy, South Island, New Zealand

As I sit here I wonder if I need to do a year in review.  I'm not really in the mood to do it.  So if it's alright with you, I'm going to pass on a detailed analysis for now.  Suffice it to say there are a few things I'm pleased I followed through on, some goals which morphed as the year progressed for a variety of reasons (most of which were in my control) and, hence the outcomes needed to morph as well, and I dropped the ball on a few things.  I'm certain there are careful and thoughtful deliberations to come, filled with lots of internal monologues.  I don't know if I'm going to pick a word for the year, but I am hoping that everything has an overarching goal of being mindful of my time and maximizing the precious minutes I have.  No lollygagging about.

Is there a word or a phrase that encapsulates focused productivity?

Last week has been filled with getting back into the non-holiday groove, going through accumulated mail, unpacking.  You know the drill.  Surprisingly I've had nominal jet lag so I'm not feeling aggressively sleepy, which is very good.  I have BIG news coming that requires I have lots of studio time slated on my calendar for the next two months.  This was an unexpected and delightful opportunity that was settled while I was traveling.  Now it's going to be a full-court press on the art front.  Stay tuned.

That's all for now.  It's Friday night and my husband is handing me a cocktail.  We're just back from seeing Knives Out.  I thought it was a smart, fun whodunit.  Good Friday night fare.

Now, have a great weekend.  I'm raising my glass in a toast to a peaceful decade, filled with family and friends, laughter and adventure.


Comments

Norma Schlager said…
Sounds like a solo show to me. Congratulations!!