Everything Doesn't Have to be a Masterpiece

I have a picture of shadows from several years back that I'd love to turn into a quilt.  I think it's dynamic and different.  And I want to dive right in.

But I'm not going to.

I'm stopping myself from going full-steam-ahead into the project because I have a lot of ideas to sort through.  Yes, that's a good thing.  But it also means I'm not committed to one idea.  So I'm going to make a few stitched studies.  Some folk work through ideas in sketch books, and I haven't been successful with that approach.  But I this might work for me.  I got started this weekend.  I traced my image, backed some PFD fabric with interfacing,


and got to work.

Stitch and watercolor
There's only one done thus far, but already I see the benefits of working this way.


Comments

Maria Shell said…
Wow. I like it. I hope you will continue to show us your progress.
Vivien Zepf said…
Thanks, Maria; I will.
Norma Schlager said…
I like where this is going.