Planning and Waiting

I've been doing a lot of planning and waiting these last few weeks. I've been planning to get back to my artwork, but that hasn't happened as we've been doing a lot of waiting at doctors' offices, at hospitals for tests, and at home waiting for results. Thank heavens my youngest doesn't need a very gruesome surgery for a knee fracture they suspected she had because she wasn't healing as they anticipated. Her MRI did show more damage to her patellar tendon than originally thought, so there's going to be lots more waiting in physical therapy offices in the coming months.

But some of my planning is finally getting into the action phase. For months we've been planning our summer around my eldest daughter's internship. She's scheduled to start on Tuesday, out in the hills inland of Carmel, California. Among other things, she's going to be working with a biologist to set digital camera traps in wildlife corridors to see what animals are traveling where. Here's a view of just some of the area in which she'll be working; the low country is often covered by fog which rolls in from the ocean.


This program isn't large enough to include housing, so we've had to make arrangements to live out there with her -- yeah, I know; really tough! My husband will be flying out with her tomorrow and staying a week. Then a girlfriend of mine from San Francisco will be on parent duty until my youngest and I arrive on Tuesday afternoon of next week. That will mark the start of our Four and a Half Week Stay. This is going to be so cool. Hopefully there will still be time for a bit of artwork because my parents will be visiting with us after two weeks and then another girlfriend of mine will be coming -- and bringing along one of my oldest daughter's best friends. I'm so excited, despite all that must still be done. Anyone know a good physical therapist in Carmel?

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh how great! Both that it isn't as bad as it could be and for the wonderful opportunity for your oldest, and for you to be out in this gorgeous country!

Hopefully, the therapy will do just the trick...and no more falls will be in your future. I don't envy you the prep time for going out there though!
Norma Schlager said…
I can't wait to see the pictures you'll get on this adventure. I hope all goes well with your daughter.