Coffee or Cake?

I've had a lot of guests over this week which translates into lots of pots of coffee. You have to understand that this is a big deal for me since neither my husband nor I drink coffee. I love the smell of it, but don't care for the taste. I think I've learned to make a respectable pot, but I always have cream, sugar, and sweets on hand-- just in case I mess up.

Between Valentine's Day and guests, my mind is swirling with images of coffee and cake. Not surprisingly, this week's journal is an abstract of just that ... depending on which way you look at the picture. In one direction, you can imagine the coffee dribblng through the filter with the grounds floating about. Looking at it the other way, it could be a chocolate layer cake with sprinkles. Do you have a preference?

Here's "coffee" (photographed against some brown silk):



And here's "cake":



In case you're wondering, the light brown dots were cut from the coffee filter I used to make the last pot of coffee.

Comments

I always like cake with my coffee so either one works for me. I like it, a quilt with a story. Maybe they all have stories? Anyway, I'll now have a story about the blog with the coffee and cake.

Feel free to visit my blog too, either writer-blogs or livenlasvegas.blogspot.com blog. Have a wonderful coffee-cake day.
Vivien Zepf said…
Thanks for checking in! Most of my journal quilts are based on something I've been thinking about, observing, or doing during the week. Thus far this year, that ranges from imagining coffee and cake to bemoaning how much time I spent driving one day.
Vivien..you are a hoot..and continue to amaze me with you weekly journals. I am addicted and look forward to your blog every friday. This is just marvelous, clever and really well designed. You go girl!
This comment has been removed by the author.
I like this one both ways... very fun!
Linda Cline said…
Looks yummy, but not dark enough for a pot of coffee. I would put it sideways and call it tiramisu.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I wasn't sure how to fit September in, but that's when our first daughter was born. Any suggestions are apprciate!

Joanne
Val said…
I really enjoyed your blog. Thanks for sharing.
Margeeth said…
I prefer the vertical one. Which is odd, because I don't like drinking coffee at all.
Nikki said…
I love the recycled coffee filters. I can't do without my coffee anymore. An addict and happy about it! Love the quilt.