Monthly Challenge

This month, Natalya and I each had a stick and a piece of shiny gift bag to include in our creative challenge pieces. Natalya trapped the foil between two layers of tulle and a piece of golden organza, then added dryer sheets as the base of her piece. She broke the stick into pieces which she then secured with thread. She completed the piece with her fabulous hand stitching which adds such rich texture, in my opinion. Mine is a simple raw edge applique scene, with some beading and a bit of hand stitching, along with some painted "trees". The picture is covered by a layer of netting so the foil pieces don't fly away.

I haven't decided on a name yet. My eldest thinks that it should be named "Tin" because the shiny pieces are such focal points in her opinion. She likes the name, despite the fact there isn't any tin on the piece; it's just good word association to her. It certainly is interesting. I think I'm leaning towards "Tin Reflections". Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Here are photos, courtesy of Natalya:

"Dusk" 9 1/2 x 6 1/2


"Tin Reflections" 9 x 9 3/4

Comments

Anonymous said…
that's beautiful (and beautifully innovative) i love the way you cut the foil.
Vivien Zepf said…
Thanks, Cate; I'm glad you like it. I wasn't too confident in the piece.
VIvien. I love what the two of you are doing. Both pieces are so meditative. I especially love the moon's reflection.