Busy-ness

I've been lucky to have already travelled quite a bit this summer.  

I first took a road trip oo Notre Dame to visit my youngest who has been doing authentic research, using a grant.  The highlight of the trip was that I brought the dog.  A snuggle with a pup always makes the most difficult tasks seems a bit less daunting.




A week later I was in London, piggybacking on my husband's business trip.  We spent one day together and then I had two days to explore on my own.  I've posted a number of pictures on social media, but here are a few that I didn't post there.

A member of the Queen's Guard en route to the castle
An installation view of the Lee Krasner exhibit at the Barbican to help give a sense of scale.
A mirrored table in the Painted Hall of the Old Royal Naval College enabled visitors to get a closer look at the artistry on the ceiling.
I got to marvel at the artistry in the Bath  Abbey too, from the architects and roof makers, to the stained glass window artisans.
And I smooshed myself into a small space to see the inner workings of the abbey's tower clock, functioning in this location since 1888.  Before then, it was at the end of the North Transept.
And now that I'm home, it's all art, all the time.  I've fallen into the rabbit hole of docent training research for the upcoming Sparkling Amazons exhibition.  My gosh is it fascinating!  And I continue to do work in my studio.  I sent off my piece to Houston for the A Better World exhibition and have started a new project that will be simple due to an impending (and quick) deadline.

And, there's always needlepoint to be done as a palette cleanser.   I'm enjoying using some new stitches in the multiple projects I always seem to have going on concurrently.  



What are you doing during these hot days of summer?


Comments