SAQA Conference

I only have a few minutes before I need to start packing.  I'm leaving the SAQA Conference this morning to head back home.  I'm disappointed to be missing the last day of the conference, but Monday morning obligations have to be met.

It'll be a while before I can summarize much of what I've learned and seen, so I though I'd start with a few visuals.

We went behind the scenes at the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles and had the privilege to see Judith Content's magnificent piece, Chasm, that's part of the museum's collection.

Judith Content, Chasm,  2006
Thai silk, 86" x 43"

Barbara W. Watler's hand stitched piece, Fishing, that's part of the H2Oh! exhibit, is amazing. Yes, hand stitched.  Be sure to look at the detail shot.




I stood in front of this piece in the Momentary and Timeless exhibition for a bit, mesmerized by the colors.

Denise Oyama Miller
Coyote Hills Cattails Revisited, 2018


I was glad we heard Stephanie Metz's artist talk about creating with wool and industrial felt. This is Flesh & Bone Study #13 (Hanging Shell), currently on view at the San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art in her exhibition, Stephanie Metz: Figurative Fiber.



Must dash now and get things done.  I don't want to miss my flight because I'm blogging.   I promise there's more (info and pictures) to come.

Comments

Norma Schlager said…
Love that hand stitched piece. Amazing! I'm doing some hand stitching now so I can appreciate the time it must have taken.