Weekend in Miami: Wynwood Walls


Gorgeous street art; I unfortunately couldn't find the artist's name
Wynwood Walls is totally cool. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm so glad we went.  

In 2009, the late developer Tony Goldman thought the warehouses of the Wynwood neighborhood would be great canvases for street art.  Since that time, artists have beautified the walls of the buildings and Wynwood Doors, a fenced in area dedicated to the art style.

We visited a week before Art Basel Miami so some of the walls were being freshly painted by curated artists in the Wynwood Doors in anticipation of the event.  Others were already completed. All were amazing.  How do they do it?

Detail of wall by Tristan Eaton, 2017 (Wynwood Doors)
Street art; I couldn't find the artist's name
Dasic Fernandez, 2016 (Wynwood Doors)



Street art; I couldn't find the artist's name


Comments