Loving Vincent


I recently watched the movie, Loving Vincent.  Have you seen it?  It was a quiet movie, but intriguing. I found it fascinating on many levels.  But now I have MORE questions:

1) I knew van Gogh died of a gunshot wound, but had always assumed his wound was self-inflicted.  But was it really suicide?  Could it have been an accidental shooting?

2) Is the title reference to how van Gogh signed off on his letters to his brother, Theo?  Or was it about the impact of loving Vincent, in life and after death?

3) I didn't know the postman, Joseph Roulin, and his son, Armand, were frequent subjects.  Would I sit today, if someone asked me to sit for a painting? Would I do it more than once?  If so, would I want my own copy or would I be okay with them all being sold?

4) What about the pronunciation of van Gogh's name?  I always said "van GO".  The Brits say, "van GOFF".  Apparently both are wrong, according to the Dutch.

5)  I've watched the "how it was made" video on You Tube. The artistry of the movie is terrific.  Now I want to know: How do I get to be a part of such a cool project?


Comments

Norma Schlager said…
It sounds interesting. I wonder if i can get it on Netflix.
I want to know the answer to the last question also!