Pure Magic

This last week was a gift.  My husband and I spent four days together on vacation.  Just the two of us.  No itinerary.  We hiked new trails and discovered new (to us) coves.



Took off our shoes to explore shores shrouded in fog.


Hiked along redwoods burned in last year's fire that were - miraculously -- surrounded by seedlings.  


Took in textures of all sorts; this is a rock wall battered by the ocean.



We woke to an incredible morning in San Francisco.  That city really is beautiful.


I also read (finished A Great Reckoning by Louise Penny) and sewed (a blog post for another day).

Now I'm home and trying to stretch the hours as long as possible.  Our oldest daughter is in for the day; she leaves tomorrow and I'm soaking up all I can.  

And so, I'll write more another time.  For now, I'm going to chat with her just a bit longer.  The empty nest begins in earnest tomorrow.


Comments

Norma Schlager said…
Looks like a bit of heaven.