Love, Captured

Image from Katonah Museum of Art website
On Wednesday, we took the deep dive.  We started docent training for the KMA's upcoming exhibition, Picturing Love. I am fascinated by this exhibition.  All right.  At first blush this seems right up my alley.  But, I was intimidated.  We had 47 images that we needed to research, write about, and explain.  And, we had to be able to teach it all in two 2-hour sessions, sharing bios, making connections, clarifying process.

But, I'm in love.

I love, love, love this exhibition.  It includes such compelling imagery.  I've been surprised by the artists' process and intent, by the cultural context in which many of the images were created and the stories that are shared or intimated.  There are so many themes to consider in the exhibition within the  broader intent of showing how love has been captured on "film" by artists and the populace alike.  We're all interested in gestures of affection.

I'm leading the opening night public tour, at 6:30 PM on Saturday, March 18th.  I hope you'll join me.  If you can't make it to the KMA that night, I hope you'll find some other time to experience this fabulous exhibition.

Oh, and you can be part of it, too!  The KMA is encouraging the public to share their own images of affection.  You can send them in to pinmypic@katonahmuseum.org or tag your pictures with #pinmypic on Instagram and Facebook.



Comments