Friday, April 15, 2016

An Unexpected Turn of Events

Have you wondered where I've been?    The simple truth is, I've been working.  Not in my studio, but in a building here.


I now go into the city to work for an accelerator in a Parsons building.   

No, it's not related to physics or to car speed; accelerators help entrepreneurs bring their products to market faster than they could on their own.  I work for XRC Labs, an accelerator partnering with Parsons and Kurt Salmon, a group dedicated to helping start-ups that combine innovative technology with retail and consumer goods.  

It's an incredibly dynamic environment.  Things move quickly and I'm working hard to climb the learning curve.  The people I work with are great and the office is filled with positive energy and excitement.  I'm meeting so many cool people who have remarkable ideas, willing to risk quite a bit to make their ideas reality.  Even the whole neighborhood is exciting: I've already shared the sidewalk with Tim Gunn and crossed the street with  Kathryn McCormick of So You Think You Can Dance fame.  (No, I didn't take pictures; I was too star-struck.)

So please bear with me as I adjust to the new demands on my time.  I've missed blogging and my studio and am confident I'll figure out how to make it all work.  Stay tuned.


2 comments:

Norma Schlager said...

It sounds exciting and I'm sure you'll work out the time constraints.

Karen L R said...

Congratulations on growing in new directions!