Windows and Doors

On Sunday the Northern Westchester Artists Guild had the opening reception for their exhibition in the gallery of the Chappaqua Library.


Perhaps you can see from this picture the variety of artwork created by the talented artists in the group.  Most are painters, so it's very interesting for me to get their unique perspective on preparing and selling their work.

I decided to show my photography since it seemed most suited to the gallery and most cohesive with the other art I expected to see.  We each had a 30 inch wide space for our art and I chose four images -- two windows and two doors -- from my time in France.   I think the gallery director hung them in a nice arrangement.


My images were printed on a satin finished metal; I had the processing lab mount each piece on its own frame-like structure in the back so they could be hung with ease and also float off the wall.  Most people hadn't seen anything like that before, so I had the opportunity to talk to a number of guests about the benefits of printing on metal.  I perceive the greatest benefit to be that the art can be hung anywhere in your house, including the bathroom, since the metal won't be negatively impacted by the humidity.

I'm very pleased I'm part of the show and I encourage you to stop by if you're in the area.  The gallery is accessible during library hours and the show will be up through January 8th.  There's lots of great art to see and buy.


Comments