Will I see you at the KMA?

Roger Hiorns (British, born 1975)
Untitled (C24949), 2014
Plastic, compressor foam; dimesions variable
© Roger Hiorns, Courtesy of the artist
Luhring Augustine, New York,
Corvi-Mora, London, and Marc Foxx Gallery, Los Angeles

In addition to prepping and delivering my photos last week, I also gave my docent training presentation for the upcoming SupraEnvironmental exhibition opening.  This was a perfect exhibition for me to research and train because it's environmentally inspired art (and you all know I love the environment) and a great deal of it involves a bit of science, a subject you may have guessed that I love.

In addition to training the docents, as docent trainer I've also started blogging for the museum again.  You can read my first post here and my second post here.  I hope you'll all consider becoming followers of the blog.  It will give you insider looks behind the scenes at the museum, and insights into the artists and artwork in the exhibitions.  I've been working with the Museum's Head of Communications and she has lots of really cool ideas for the blog going forward.  Take a peek.

SupraEnvironmental is opening this weekend at the Katonah Museum of Art, with the members' preview on Saturday night and the public opening on Sunday.  I'll be leading tours both days, as well as leading all the tours during the week.  Tours are at 2:30PM every day the museum is open.  I encourage you to take a tour if you can, not just because the docents are fabulous -- and they are! -- but because your experience will be enriched by the observations of and conversations with other museum visitors.  I hope you'll come to the museum; I'd love to give you a tour!

Comments