New Work - A Circle Study

I'm playing with the organic circle idea that made its first appearance in Champagne Dance (formerly titled Champagne Circles).  Here's an 11.5" x 11.5" study.


The orange strip is made of bits and pieces left over from Champagne Dance and Betwixt.  I splatter painted the blue background fabric and added some oil paint stick highlights after quilting.  Some embroidered Xs made with variegated threads added a bit more color to make a dynamic background to match the energy of the navy blue circles.

I'm debating if I should call this Circle Study I;  my son's suggestion is Cosmic Sunset.  What do you think?


Comments

Norma Schlager said…
Very dynamic! I like your son's suggestion. Or use both of them, "Circle Study !, Cosmic Sunset". I did that with several of my series.