SPUN Fiber Exhibition

I went on an unplanned blogging hiatus.  The main reason?  Time and travel with my family and friends. I simply absorbed every possible moment I could with those who make my life so special.

Now, the school year has begun and everyone's involved in other activities -- including me!  I'll tell you more about my summer later, but now I want to (belatedly) tell you about the exhibition for which I am the Assistant Director: SPUN


I am working with Jane Davila of  Art Quilt Workbook and "Minding Your Business" fame to bring a new fiber exhibition out into the world.  This exhibition is targeted towards small 2D and 3D artwork (no dimension larger than 24"), made in the last three years that's either made with fiber or that references fiber traditions.  The juror for the exhibition is Bartholomew Bland, the Director of Curatorial Affairs at the Hudson River Museum in Yonkers, NY.

Jane and I have been immersed in the details necessary to bring a high quality exhibition to the public and announcing it here, sadly, slipped through the cracks.  Hopefully you all read about SPUN on various social media sites where I've been shouting from the rooftops.  If not, please visit www.spunfiberexhibit.com for details.  The submission deadline is September 15 at midnight so there's no time to waste; please get your entries in!!


Comments