Being a Kid

Most of the time I'm glad I'm not a child any more -- the pressures, the rigorous academics, the crazy extracurricular schedule.  But there are times when I think it would be fun, especially when I see some of the interesting things my children get to do in school.

My daughter is in an introductory 3D sculpture and design course.  Recently, the students in the class were "challenged to design and fabricate a volumetric mask based on a photograph of an animal. They closely observed the shapes and riveting of medieval armor while visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art. These sculpture students then learned to make paper patterns for three-dimensional forms and to cut, cold forge, and rivet aluminum sheet metal" (per the school's website).

The teacher took pictures and here's my daughter's project:



Fox
I think I want to go back to school.....

Comments

That's so totally cool! I wanna go back to school too!
Kristin L said…
What does the Fox say?

Seriously, that's a cool project. I want to be in that class too.