Art without My Studio

This last week was filled with art, even though I never made it into my studio.  I took an endless number of pictures of my garden that somehow is still full of showy blossoms this late in October.  I took pictures with colors that aren't retouched and also played with filters on my camera:

Orange Sombrero echinacea

Lovely Red Rose

Black and white Geranium Heart

Sepia Rose

I went to the Met with my eldest daughter who was home on Fall break:

Unknown school girl looking elegant in a toga

I discovered Francesco Guardi, The Grand Canal Above Rialto, ca. 1760
He was an master painter of "views" and his name translates to "You see"

I also discovered a bit of humor in the Temple of Dendur: the artist was (it is assumed) supposed to create mirror reliefs, but in this image, he had one of the birds bite the wrist of the man holding it.

I had another docent training session for the upcoming portraiture exhibition opening this week at the Katonah Museum of Art.  More on that in the next few days, but suffice it to say that I am getting more and more excited about this exhibition.

I also marveled in Mother Nature's gorgeous Fall display, taking more pictures, of course.

On the trail during an early morning hike

By the side of a parking lot

The Hudson and the Palisades

Complementary colors

Red Oak

Ahh, a great week...

Comments

Norma Schlager said…
Spectacular pictures, especially when I click on them to see the bigger view.