There's still time

I had a wonderful weekend; did you?  On my end, this was the first weekend when the entire family was home and I savored every moment of it.

I  also popped into my studio for some playtime.  Quilting Arts Gifts issued a Gift Tag Challenge for their 2013/14 issue.  Lucky for me, the challenge entry date has been extended to Friday, May 31st.  You can read all the details of the challenge here.

I still wanted to go to the movies with my kids and sip wine on the porch with my husband, so I created only one tag using a favorite tool of mine: water soluble crayons.  Given that it was Memorial Day weekend, I suppose it's not a complete surprise that I worked in red, white, blue, and black, though it was a subconscious decision.  Fortunately those colors are part of the pre-selected palette for the challenge.  I chose to use the oval template for my tag but looking at it now, it looks a bit like a tie-dyed Easter egg, doesn't it?


This was a great way for me to slip back into creating mode after almost a month away from my studio due to travels.  If you're looking for a quick, fun project, consider this one.  There's still time!


Comments