Wall Art

Most of the time, I'm not a big fan of graffiti; it's often obscene or derogatory and I don't have much patience for that.  But sometimes, I think graffiti artists have something compelling to say.... assuming I can decipher the absolutely cool lettering.

Anyway, here's an example of graffiti that's just my speed.  I like what this person has to say.  I can read it easily.  What do you think of it?  It was painted five stories up.  Now what I want to know is, how in the world did the painter 1) get up there?  2) give the letters dimension / depth (I have a hard time doing that with a pencil and eraser, let alone paint)?   3) paint the letters correctly even though (s)he was painting them from an upside down perspective?


If you were the building owner, would you try to clean this off?

For more sanctioned building wall art, how about this one?  It's a whimsical mosaic and I just love it.  It makes me smile.

Comments