There's More!

I'm doing more research.  Yes, more and I couldn't be more excited.

I'm going to be the docent trainer for an exhibition at the Katonah Museum of Art called, "Sparkling Amazons".  The exhibition will focus on the work of the twelve women who exhibited at the 1951 Ninth Street Show alongside Jackson Pollack, Willem de Kooning, and more.  This is the FIRST TIME since that exhibition that artworks by these abstract expressionist artists will be gathered and shown together. 

This is an important show.  Seriously.  Make plans now to come visit: October 6, 2019 - January 26, 2020.

My reading/research pile is already two stacks high.  I am busting at the seams to get down to work.  A few other projects have to be finished first and then I'm taking a deep dive into the 1930s, 40s and 50s.  I'll be reading about the period from every point of view, from cultural and political to historic, socio-economic and artistic, plus learning as much as I can about the artists.

If you're interested in getting up to speed on some of the big names in the show, be sure to read Mary Gabriel's book, Ninth Street Women.


Let me know if you're in town and I'll try to give you your own private tour.  If you'd like to bring a group, let's arrange a special time in advance.

I hope to see you there!


Comments