Book Report

It's been a while since I've shared what I'm reading.  Here are some of my recent reads:


A Gentleman in Moscow is worthy of all the hype and accolades it's received.  It's lyrically written and, though it seems like there wouldn't be much going on for someone under house arrests in a hotel, it's a delightful page turner.


I bought this book years ago and just had the opportunity to read it. If you like a story that blends psychology and Salem witches and history with a bit of mystery, then The Lace Reader will be a good summer read for you. The notion of reading the future in a pattern of lace was original to me.


I got The Speed of Sound as an Amazon Prime free read but I would have paid for it. It's an easy, fun summer thriller.  It has an interesting premise: Eddie, a young man with autism, believes sound waves may deteriorate, but they don't disappear unless the structure containing them is destroyed.  As a result, he builds a device so that he can locate, reconstruct and listen to his mother singing, something he never heard since she died in childbirth. But others want the technology for more political purposes. How will Eddie keep it safe?

Next up:


I'll keep you posted.


Comments

Norma Schlager said…
I also loved A Gentleman in Moscow. The others are new to me, but sound interesting. Happy reading!